To provide safe and effective nursing care to all patients through the performance of specific duties during diagnostic, interventional procedures and EP procedures.Performs routine circulating, monitoring / documentation of physiological data, scrub duties and pre and post duties according to established policies and procedures of the department of Cardiac Services.On Call Required.
Education: 1. Must have South Carolina Registered Nurse license or multistate licensure from another Compact State within the proscribed guidelines of the South Carolina Nurse Practice Act.
Experience: 1. Minimum one year experience in Cardiac Cath Lab, EP, Telemetry, Critical Care or Emergency Room Unit.
Other Qualifications: 1. Current BLS required 2. Current ACLS required 3. Experience in the use of Left Ventricular Assist Device (Impella) is preferred. 4. Prior experience working with assessment metrics and quality improvement processes in groups, alone, with and without immediate or direct supervision.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Knowledge and skills necessary to analyze several sources of data and make decisions as to status of patient.
2. Skills necessary to work with complex recording equipment in laboratory which requires knowledge of physiologic parameters and the ability to recognize normal and abnormal physiologic data.
3. Technical knowledge of various cardiac procedures including knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and disease, arrhythmia identification and cardiac pharmacology.
4. Knowledge of CMS and JCAHO regulatory environment as it relates to departmental operation, charting and reporting.
5. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to positively affect staff and physicians to adopt changes in systems and operations to enhance operations, efficiency, accuracy, compliance, and overall system performance. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit and occasionally on an interdepartmental basis. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the specialty area is necessary.
6. Ability to work with or without direct supervision and oversight.
7. Integrity and authenticity with respect to departmental HHH /Tenet goals and initiatives.
8. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately operate and utilize a variety of specialty equipment during procedures and to advise physician and staff of patient status.
9. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Ability to push, pull and lift objects weighing more than 100 lbs. must be able to wear a lead apron and pull sheaths.
Primary Location: Hilton Head, South Carolina
Facility: Hilton Head Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005000780
About Hilton Head Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.